Saturday 8 April 2017

Classical Culture, a Change for a Saturday.

Hello out there. It is beautiful out there in the world. Summer here in the second week of April. Such a glorious sight on the Grand National weekend.

My ventures took me out earlier and it was sorely tempting when I  got back to head to The Hedgehog for a glass or two is Pimm's in the garden. But not today. I need to stay sober as I'm driving later. Rare is the Saturday when I drive but I'm hoping today will be worth it.

For after supper I'm heading to St Mary's Church Welwyn for a classical concert. The wonderful Durufle Requiem performed by a group of singers all of whom have their roots one way or another in Cambridge. A King's friend will be performing. Culture will come to my life on a day normally reserved for less revered activities.

A great regret of my life is that I always made an excuse not to go when Beka invited me to hear her father the pianist Ronald Smith perform. It was stupid and self indulgent of me to swap the concert hall for the pub. Ronald is no longer here so I have to content myself with recordings. Today I will be pursue the cultural rather than the drunken.

Cooking will feature before I go, am marinating some prawns in lemon, olive oil, garlic and pimenton which I will griddle and serve on a bed of salad. Its from a Moroccan book I have. Then on another day of rest tomorrow I have a rib of beef to roast along with a good bottle of Rioja. There is culture in food as well as music.

By next Friday I will finally be on holiday. Not too many plans for that week other than a trip to Borough Market to meet my friend Krishna, will take her to lunch at Brindisa. If you are off already as my teaching friends are have wonderful time in this glorious sunshine.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment