Friday 14 April 2017

Good Friday, Away and Resting.

Finally made it to my break. It is Good Friday and I really didn't have the energy to board an early train to Cambridge to hear the Allegri at King's. So content at home I will put on our 1983 recording after the current Beethoven has finished. Then of course I must listen to Lotti's "Crucifixus" as I always do.

Last night was made a extra special as a great friend of mine got a promotion and is off to pastures new. Actually she will only be moving 50 yards from where she is based now but it will make the world of difference to her.

With the holiday cooking will be paramount. I had a simple smoked salmon salad for lunch. Tuna is on the menu later, hopefully rarer than last time I did it. I'm still finding my way with cooking fish having avoided it for so many year.

I'm looking forward to my friends coming on Easter day for roast leg of lamb. They are bringing Rioja, I will supply the Chapel Down fizz to go with the starter. My butcher is holding some lamb for me which I will pick up tomorrow. New in season I managed to get some Jersey Royal potatoes which I will do simply with salt and mint. Then mint will feature again as I make my own sauce to go with the lamb.

Shame the sun has disappeared really. Won't stop me having a glass of Pimm's later though. I took a short drive out to Tewin for a pint at The Rose and Crown. A while since I have been there. Lovely local ale from the Tring brewery.

My mood feels quite buoyant as I unwind after such a long term. No mania extreme or other but that is okay. I would love a buzzy period but I don't think that is likely to occur. So I will content myself with mood in plus territory, time to play with, fine produce and a happy disposition. Enjoy the break.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment