Saturday 4 March 2017

Not My Day.

Yesterday's disturbance in my weekend calmness has reduced somewhat. I woke relatively early and much to my surprise was not overwhelmed with tiredness. I was expecting another edgy and uncomfortable day. It has not transpired like that but much of what I set out to do came to nought. So not exactly my day.

Intending to get my hair cut I found both preferred barbers shops full of kids and didn't feel like waiting a long time. I forgot things I meant to buy. But I did get a couple of things in a sale. A lunch trip to The Waggoners was also thwarted by crowds. So home I came instead a little despondent but not downhearted. Sadly my afternoon plan of applying for a job went the way of everything else, given my lack of profressional allegiance they wouldn't even let me past the first question. Oh well, it was not be.

So what now? I have Handel's Alexander's Feast playing, my book beckons and an attempt to put aside the angst of recent days and recall that it is Saturday, it's a nice day and I'm still standing upright mentally in a way I feared I wouldn't this weekend. Monday can wait until Monday.

The Sunday day of selfishness will be adorned with rare rib of beef, managed to get a beautifully aged joint at the butcher, and a glass of Portuguese red. My decadence did appear on my way home yesterday when I splashed out on some Chapel Down fizz for a special occasion. I do like fizz but it doesn't like me much, too many glasses of white still or sparkling always seems to give me heart burn.

I wish you all well for the weekend. Enjoy the sun if you can, eat fine food and award yourself the rest that you so richly deserve. 

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment