Wednesday 13 July 2016

Aftershocks

Someone once said "a week is a long time in politics". Well in the light of the less then 3 weeks since my country voted to leave the EU 10 minutes has been a long time. And so it comes to pass as the heralds trumpet and almighty change Theresa May is our new Prime Minister.

I have long tipped her to be the most likely leader of the Conservative party after David Cameron. Yet no one, anywhere, any time could possibly have predicated it would be in this way. I thought she spoke quite eloquently outside Number 10 and I liked Cameron's departing comments. A new era is upon us. I wonder where we will be in another month?

In my much smaller and more irrelevant world there has been a flurry of activity in the last couple of days. Sadly it was another of those pass the parcel type days where no one wants the buck to stop with them and what ensued was chaos. We really need to look at this. Today I was picking up some of the pieces and thankfully it appears the situation has come back from the brink. Not what we usually get in July.

For myself I think I'm okay. The blip of the weekend Beka was here has healed. I'm around plus 1, I can live with that. I'm praying for a sunny day on Friday otherwise the new linen suit will remain unworn a little longer and my rain coat will come out. Charlie is flying in from Atlanta early that morning so here's hoping no delays. It is such a lovely day out at Lord's.

See you all in while.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment