Saturday 23 July 2016

Lazy Sun Days.

Greetings to you all from a warm and sunny Hertfordshire. It is perhaps not quite so hot as it was earlier in the week nor so humid but it was enough to alter my planned trip to London on the grounds that the tube in this weather is a nightmare.

Instead I'm enjoying a very lazy Saturday watching cricket, drinking Pimm's and staying away from doing too much. Last week seemed to take forever so having little going on is just what I need. Joe Root has just got out on 254 so England are well on top.

I made a brief foray into town earlier followed by a visit to the butcher. Keeping it very simple, sausage and mash today and rare roast beef tomorrow. Well rare is the intention, doesn't always work as well as I would hope.

The weeks of summer are disappearing fast even though the schools only broke up yesterday. We get a much longer holiday than that but as I regularly have to tell people I still need to work and it just like having any regular job. I did see a post I was interested in in the week but turned out it was part time. Doubt I would have had the skills but I keep looking.

Next weekend I plan to go to the Hatfield House Food Festival with my work friends Madeline and James. I've also invited Kiwi Sarah but not heard back from her yet. The foodie in me is looking forward to what I hope will be a memorable and decadent day.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you all some time soon.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Tippett's A Child of Our Time is on Radio 3 later, the Spirituals in it are some of my favourite pieces of music I sang in my long and now ended career.

No comments:

Post a Comment