Saturday 16 July 2016

Not Quite How I Had Hoped.

Ever get those days when a whole series of little things turn out to spoil an otherwise lovely outing? Sadly my day at Lord's was just such a day. It didn't start well, the taxi failed to turn up. I missed my train. I missed the splendid first hour of play. The sun failed to shine. I was cold. Some odious moron chose to film every ball from the Nursery End thus obscuring my view in the afternoon. Then when I got back hoping for a change, a bath and supper at Hakalok the restaurant was completely full. Settling instead for ribs they were vile. Oh well I guess it wasn't my day.

Looking at it another way I wasn't at work. I got to wear my new linen suit. The Chapel Down wine was splendid. And as ever I enjoyed Charlie's company. But not the day I had hoped.

Given that I also slept poorly today has been much better. Up earlier than usual on Saturday I got out to get my belly pork, did some shopping, had a lovely bar lunch in The Waggoners and am now home with the cricket. It is warm and humid, complete contrast to yesterday. And my friend Jo is coming for dinner.

I do so love cooking for others. It's a while since she was round but we always have fun when we meet. She's bringing the wine.

The world outside continues on its stormy buffeted way. Such a tragedy in France. Chaos in Turkey. And world goes mad still further. What is happening? It's far too hard to make any sense of it all.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment