Tuesday 5 July 2016

Wet Drive In.

Driving in through the rain did not overjoy me. It had been a real struggle to get out of bed and there was a big fat zero appointments in my diary. The quiet of summer can be a challenge. Perhaps not as bad as the chaos of October but a challenge none the less. For almost nothing happens now and trying to stay motivated and enthused can sometimes wane.

The rain relented though, I got a few things done and another day is nearly gone. A while has past since I last spoke to you all. I have partially been staying clear of continued political madness that grips my country. The leading campaigners for leaving Europe have all but disappeared; Nigel riding off to the nearest pub and retirement, Boris killed off by his confidante, and Michael the assassin about to pass into history as the Tory party veer away from him.

On the other side of the House Jeremy has lost his entire party but still will not quit. His party members tell me they will re-elect him as leader regardless. Will the party survive? It looks increasingly unlikely.

And all the while a cagey woman who hedged her bets on staying but did not campaign looks increasingly like our new prime minister. Now do you realise why I rarely make political comment on here?

In the lives of unimportant people like me we plod day to day, pay day to pay day, month to month and so again in 5 short months to Christmas. Yet with my Haydn string quartet that plays so nicely, my rare but sublime venture into fish in the form of Icelandic line caught cod stir fried with black beans and spring onions, and a glass of beer I feel okay. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment