Thursday 7 July 2016

Rare Steak and Rioja.

Every now and again I buy a good steak, cook it beautifully rare, saute some potatoes in goose fat and serve minted petit pois with a glass of fine wine on a week day. How self indulgent is that? After a very quiet and in my office humid day I felt like some decadence. So rare sirloin and Rioja was the thing. And very good it was too. Dory described is as so rare it looked like a cow with a sun tan. But it was superb.

So we are nearly at the end of another week. Tomorrow I go to visit dad in his new flat. The political earthquake continues as the dispatching of the polite assassin was complete today and for the first time since Thatcher come September we will have a woman Prime Minister. I really don't know what mum would have made of the chaos nor indeed which way she would have voted but she would have been delighted at another woman at No 10.

It will be a busy weekend. Tomorrow I meet my teacher friend Laura. On Saturday I'm dining at the new Turkish restaurant with an old friend Donna with Beka and Michael coming too. And on Sunday Beka, Anne, dad and I will sample Sunday lunch at The Bell  for the first time since it changed hands.

Lord's awaits next week when Charlie and I reconvene as English gentlemen and continue the decadent summer. May you all have decadence too.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment