Wednesday 1 June 2016

Passing Time.

The day is slowly edging away. The countdown is on, the murk and gloom continues, and I'm listening to the radio feeling somewhat flat. It has been a nothing day. Town, lunch, pint, and cold. Those hours to be wiled away before we fly.

Dad arrives tomorrow afternoon. We fly Friday afternoon. Being at a loose end for a while never really agrees with me. But it must be endured.

During our absence my friend Kym's son will have an operation. Anxious days ahead for them. I feel a bit bad not being around to support her but I will be thinking from afar. Time stops for no man or woman, it just keeps marching on.

I'm trying not think of our return too early. Being away from work has allowed me to catch up on some sleep despite the dream interruptions. Nothing too much to worry about. They will of course survive in my absence. It just means someone else will have to pick up the pieces if things go wrong.

Has the summer really arrived already? Only yesterday we had roast goose and decadence at Christmas. A couple of months to 47, edging closer to a milestone. I wonder what 50 will be like?

This is likely my last post before we go. If so take care, have fun and enjoy life. Not sure if I will have an opportunity to make contact in Italy. Maybe you will enjoy the silence. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment