Saturday 18 June 2016

Cutting the Heavy Air.

Storms aside it has been pretty humid and heavy the last few days. Such days are always tiring and hard going. My return to work went okay with our strange and noisy air conditioning at its worst. The quiet season is well and truly underway and it is harder to get through the day.

Now that the weekend is here I find myself feeling a little vague. The dreams of the early morning shook and unnerved me. Why do they come in waves? The plan was to keep things quiet and simple. And so it was, a little shopping, lunch with Yang then home for tea, reading and Beethoven's Kreutzer Sonata. Back when I played the violin so poorly I tried to learn that masterpiece of 19th century music but found it way beyond my abilities. Pleasant to have such a quietly cultured afternoon.

After my post on Thursday you will be pleased to know I did manage to put it in a safe place. We must move on to what is next. For dad it was moving house yesterday. What seems to have been such a long process was completed around lunch time. Many thanks to everyone who helped. Must pay him a visit soon to check it out.

My culinary adventures for this weekend will include a Malaysian prawn curry with fresh curry leaves and roast pork tomorrow. I even collected some bones from my butcher to act as a trivet-saw Mr Stein doing it on TV in the week and was reminded that bones add flavour. I had a surprisingly successful gravy making effort with my lamb last week in which I sieved it. As a result I decided to buy a chinois today to make that process better. I'm determined one day I will master what so many people find so simple yet I find so hard.

I wonder if we will get a storm from the gathering gloom outside? Until tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment