Sunday 26 June 2016

Tense, Edgy and Uncertain.

Given the turmoil that has marred the last few days I could have done without a return to multiple nightmares. All day yesterday I struggled. So much so I avoided contact with people last night. Today I feel unsettled, on edge and having a sense of doom.

As before I do not profess to understand the political earthquake nor do I wish to get into political battles either on here, in the street or in the pub. But I'm finding it very hard to deal with the ranting, raving and divisions that have been stirred up since we went to the polls on Thursday.

Facing another huge group to train tomorrow at work my anxiety has risen and by extension my low mood deepened. I want to shut the door, turn off the phone and ask the world to leave me alone. But that will only turn my mind in on itself. And that is never good.

How did I manage all those years of nightmare after nightmare, night after night? I'm really struggling today.

The aroma of gammon and cloves fills my flat and I have a good bottle of Malbec to accompany it but that is doing little to change things. Merely the hours will slip by on another weekend and I face what I fear.

Tomorrow will be here before I know it. Another week, another grind. Please mood, will you lift soon?

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment