Sunday 12 June 2016

A Damp Start to May Week.

Clive James long time resident of Cambridge wrote a book called May Week was in June. May Week is when exams are over, the May Bumps are finished and Cambridge University parties. It all starts today which is affectionately known as "Suicide Sunday". Well it got off to a pretty damp start today. It is a day long fixed in my memory as the trigger to my illness occurred on the final day of the Bumps the day preceding "Suicide Sunday".

All these years later, 26 to be precise, I'm at home avoiding the rain, slow roasting a half shoulder of lamb, watching the intermittent cricket and putting off tomorrow. I head back to reality in the morning. A few hours of nothing left then I'm back where I started.

Am I refreshed? I'm not sure of the answer to that just yet, maybe ask me on Wednesday. I certainly needed a break. There will not be another long break until August. I have 2 1/2 days leave left to use, perhaps a long weekend is in order at some point.

Mentally I haven't really been keeping track. Given that I haven't been under pressure for 2 weeks it all seems quite good. Must get back to my mood diary in the week.

So see you all again after the lamb has been consumed, the alarm has gone off and I have completed some time back in reality. It has been good to suspend reality recently.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment