Wednesday 8 April 2015

All Change at the Top.

This leaving lark must be contagious. With the dust still up in the air on Kym leaving we discovered today that our head of department is leaving too. Leaving a sinking ship or a spring board to greater things? History may record the answer to that but I remain rooted firmly where I have been for the last nearly 8 years.

A couple of years have passed since I posted on here my piece on leaving. Still stuck. I'm looking but find little. The promised change of change is slow filtering down to bottom feeders like me. I learned a long time ago that one never quite knows who or what will come into our lives on any given day. Sadly it seems a long time since that happened to me.

The quiet season will progress as it always does. Easter. Exams. Retakes. And then the long summer. I'm getting older and fatter but I'm not in an awful position. I meet interesting people for a living. Some recognise the value of what I do. No awards for me this year but it is my students who judge not me. Did I do some good today? I'm not sure I did. But I didn't do any bad either so that is something.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment