Monday 2 February 2015

Black Fertile Soil.

Travelling to and fro Ely via Cambridge in the past few days took me through field after field of fertile black soil. The earth of East Anglia brings forth wondrous products. It was flecked with snow belying harder falls north of me. I was slightly sad to see some of those fields given over to solar farms. Given world resources can we really afford to waste such fertility? It is always good to go back home although I didn't really do more than pass through Cambridge.

Back in Hertfordshire I have shopped, had a pint of Black Sheep in The Waggoners then cooked Balinese pork with chillies, ginger and kecap manis. Now settling in to a night of opera-Offenbach's Les Contes d'Hoffman is on the radio-and some reading.

Tomorrow it gets real. My inbox is groaning with requests. I haven't read any of them yet but I suspect it will be a busy few days. Fortunately my mood is holding, not so sure about my energy though. Still struggling with the early mornings

Until next time.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment