Friday 13 February 2015

Thanks Goodness for Purcell.

I have very much enjoyed each evening except Wednesday coming home to an hour of the music of Henry Purcell this week. He was featured on composer of the week. The final part has just finished. I'm really glad the week has finished too.

Co-ordinating events and managing multiple and changing demands of others has never been my forte. That has taken up much of the week leaving me with frayed nerves, too much anxiety and downright stress. The reason is that next Wednesday is University Mental Health and Wellbeing Day. Give me a crisis any day over organising such events. Finally get students, the student union, the charities and various other people on board and it is mayhem. I'm so tired. It has been a nightmare.

Yet as I enter the weekend with a beer, Beethoven and a feeling of exhaustion it seems we may finally have an event organised. My part is to offer a talk as I did last year although with no book to launch. I will speak at 4 pm on Wednesday with a theme of "Crisis? What Crisis? 25 Years of Student Mental Health". Whether anyone turns up is anyone's guess but if you are in the area of Hatfield you are more than welcome to join me in B400 on the College Lane campus for what I hope will be some fun.

In theory I am going to Borough Market tomorrow. In practice it entirely depends on when I wake up. I feel like sleeping for ever. When will this tiredness dissipate? Soon I hope.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment