Saturday 7 February 2015

Edged With Ice.

The cold weather of the last week is still in evidence by my lake. I returned today for the first time since our move at the end of last term. No not to work but merely to park my car. The surface was still, clear and tinged with ice. I would imagine earlier in the week it was a solid sheet of ice. Neither fish nor heron were in evidence on a cold cloudy day.

My friend Marie is visiting for the weekend. She has not been up here in over a year. So off we toddled for a little shopping, a sandwich and pint at The Horse and Groom then a trip round the Galleria. I was very restrained and spent little.

Back at home in the warm we have the rugby on-terrific performance from England yesterday by the way-and I'm contemplating a supper of Malaccan pepper crab with black beans, ginger and curry leaves. As we both have little reasons to celebrate we are splashing out on lunch at The Waggoners tomorrow, I suspect rare roast beef is in order.

No doubt the weekend will be oh so short. I remain tired, I slept for 11 hours last night, but doing well. Work is a little too manic for my liking but we have only 2 months to go until the Easter respite. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment