Tuesday 17 February 2015

Event Management.

It is all very well people with the best of intentions celebrating and publicising mental health. I have spent years doing that. Not hard to say let's have a day. Much harder to organise such a day. After yet another day of being bombarded by demands, e mails and phone calls about tomorrow I have had enough. Trouble is I don't have the answers.

There were 4 deal with now calls today. I had 2 students. I had the dentist. I bumped into a breaking down student. I hadn't even got back to my office after the dentist before I was accosted. I was asked to show round interview candidates tomorrow. And I had 5 requests for appointments. I cannot do everything.

God knows what tomorrow will turn out like. Will anyone come? Will I still be standing? Will we have more crises? The sad thing is is that all those who should be supporting such an event are too busy doing other things.

The upshot of this is that I will not be applying for an event management job any time soon. And if they think I'm going through all this again next year my response is un-writeable. It was a day of frayed tempers. Tomorrow they may select my new manager. I hope they get it right.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment