Saturday 30 November 2013

Weekend Mix Up.

My plan this weekend was to meet a former student for lunch to celebrate her qualifying as a teacher today then go to Cambridge tomorrow to watch the Pythons. Part the way through the former I realised through Facebook that I had actually got the wrong day of the Pythons. It was indeed this afternoon that they played. Football is supposed to be played on a Sunday. I had been aware there may be a problem but checking on the web it seemed the game was tomorrow. So no football for me this weekend although the Pythons did win; so a plus point there.

Back at home after a very pleasant lunch with Hannah-it is amazing how different my conversations with students are after they have left-I cooked a curry, listened to Jacqueline Du Pre's magical recording of the Elgar cello concerto, and contemplated what to do on my unexpectedly free Sunday. Nothing grand, just slow roast lamb, the Advent Carol Service I recorded in 1979, and relax. I need to do some study too. Actually I bumped into a fellow student from my course as I waited for Hannah. It never ceases to amaze me that given my history I'm now friends with a number of psychiatrists. How the world has changed.

Talking of psychiatrists, Jacek my former supervisor sent me very flattering but false e mail saying I was the "best one man CMHT in the county". Oh that he were my manager, might the world be different and my desire to leave may no be where it is now. But that is life I suppose.

And so I say goodbye to November. It has been a good month from hits on my blog. I hope you all enjoy what you see. See you in December.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment