Saturday 23 November 2013

Another Time, Another Place.

Why do we meet the people in our lives where and when we do? The chance encounters of time and space are what populate our lives and make us who we are. Maybe it is fate, destiny, or God. Who knows. But I do sometimes wonder what my life would have been like if I had met people in another time and another place. I have experienced that twice this week. My path would be different.

The greatest and most influential chance meeting of my life was in Granada in 1990. As I've said before that was where I met Rachel. Who would we be had we never met? Might I still have gone mad? The answer to the latter is probably yes.

But I cannot live my life asking about the what ifs. There have been many. When I got better was when I stopped asking that question in my head. That is how I keep my demons at bay. Who will enter my life next to change the direction for good or ill? I don't know.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment