Sunday 17 November 2013

Rolling Back the Years.

Cambridge looks after its own. 35 years have now passed since my long association with the greatest University in the world began. For it was in September 1978 that I joined King's College choir. I have had 3 stints in Cambridge, 1978-1983, 1988-1991, and 1999-2000. It is my spiritual home and I very much hope that 1 day I return there.

This weekend I went to Cambridge and Cambridge came to me. I spent a lovely day out there yesterday. It was trip full of memories but no flashbacks. I did a lot of thinking. My demons are at bay now. The day was almost spoiled by those odious, arrogant and patronising idiots that King's employs to keep the public out. I am not the public. As I queued for evensong, yes I do have to, I was appalled by their attitude. When I got in I was offered the best seat in the house. Preceding that I had a splendid lunch with a former tutor, I had a trip to the Maypole and added to my collection on CDs. It was good day. Shame Jayne was away, it would have been nice to her.

Today my beloved Pythons came to Hertfordshire to play American football. Yes I work at Hertfordshire and am a part time student by my loyalty was closer to home. We lost but it was a brave fight minus 10 of their best players against the most successful and most heavily resourced team in the university league.

Back home I cooked some pork which was good. I ate late though as it took longer to cook than I anticipated. I find myself feeling a little optimistic than of late, long may that last.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment