Monday 18 November 2013

A Surprise Outcome.

Do any of you lovely people out there in blogland ever find yourselves imagining what people are like before you meet them? I do. Visually I'm always wrong but in character less so. For some of the students I have a picture of what they are like from what others tell me or what they have written on the screening form we use. For others they just ring and come. If forewarned by others I'm usually right; today I was wrong.

I met a new student today and was completely wrong. I expected it not to go well. Much to my surprise it was a delightful conversation. But my conversations are not about me being right or because they make me feel good. Those are incidental bonuses. What I know is that today I did some good; and that is the measure I use. Having learned perhaps more about depression in 40 minutes than ever before and coming to the realisation that some people can understand it she commented that "you're not like anyone else"-hurrah!!!! Music to my ears. She will be back.

Now home in the warm waiting for winter to close in as expected tomorrow I'm listening to Verdi's "Les Vepres Siciliennes" and supping a beer. It was preceded by a fine Vietnamese pork curry with lemongrass. I'm so virtuous I added some vegetables-mum would be very proud.

Let's hope tomorrow is as good as today.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment