Saturday 9 November 2013

A Gift From the Gods.

At about 9.45 this morning I was rudely awakened by a thud as the post hit the doormat. Ordinarily on a Saturday I would not be best pleased. Today however I was heartened for I knew what it was. I slept on for another 45 minutes before getting up, making coffee, and putting the heating on. Only then did I open the package that had arrived via dad. Finally I had my hard copy of "Charon's Ferry" in my hand. There is something marvellous about physical incarnation of a book I have written. There are few feelings better.

I went to the Waggoners for lunch with Joey and Richard, did some shopping then read. I'm about a 1/5 the way through and so far only 3 errors. Last time all I saw was my mistakes. Today I saw a story. A story that some have called inspiring.

Next Thursday I will be giving a talk and displaying my gifts from the gods. Few people ever get published but it has happened to me twice. My audience will be a room full of trainee psychotherapists. Let us hope I can provide more inspiration and wisdom than the fools who tried to therapise me!

So back to Saturday. West Ham are about to kick off at Carrow road. I will cook a chickpea and chorizo stew then the drinks will flow. I have waited a long time for this moment. Best enjoy it to its full!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment