Sunday 29 September 2013

Shattered Peace.

Last week was unusually quiet. Yes I was fretting over the funding for my course but eventually we sorted that out. Yet the phone failed to ring, there were only a handful of e mails requesting meetings and I was left rather bewildered. No one really uses the words quiet or peaceful at work. It only takes 1 phone call.

That call came at 10.20 am on Friday. I knew it would come sooner or later. As I responded I knew I was setting in place a chain of events that would inevitably lead to a Mental Health Act assessment. It was a day when I made tough decisions. 7 hours later a young man was safe and fortunately no one was hurt. I hate making those decision but sometimes they are necessary for the good of all. Those are tough days for me.

The weekend nearly complete I am feeling okay about it all. I had my roast pork, the proofs of the cover for "Charon's Ferry" is with me and looking good. Britten is the backdrop to my quiet Sunday. Tomorrow it is once more unto the breach until the next storm breaks. We are up and running.

I will approve the book for publication tomorrow. With luck it should be out in a fortnight or so. Then a celebration I think.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment