Friday 6 September 2013

Prohibido Fumar!

"A tiger? In Africa?" "The Meaning of Life is not my favourite Monty Python film but it does contain that 1 immortal line. We would indeed be shocked to come across a tiger in Africa. Frightened too probably. But coming across the unexpected is part of life. Now on my 7th trip to Spain I have seen it all-smoking is banned! I had heard this but had been told that everyone ignored the ban. Alas not. I cannot smoke anywhere but in the street.

I'm writing from Granada. It is warm and pleasant. We are on the last day of what has been a marvellous holiday. The difference between now and when I first visited is my fear of heights. And by God was I terrified driving through the mountains to get to Ronda and again today at the Alhambra. But it has been worth it; we have had a lot of fun.

The recession has hit them hard here and it is reflected in the prices; most things have at least doubled in price since I last visited in 2006. Almost out of money but we head home tomorrow.

In my next post I will write about the emotional reasons for coming here. That is so important here in Granada. For last time I was here it was but a few months before my illness struck. In fact it had its roots here. But you will have to wait for that blog.

So for now adios-I will blog again from Hertfordshire tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment