Thursday 22 August 2013

War and Peace.

Early on Monday morning peace and tranquility reigned down at the lake. There were no birds, no dragonflies, no wasps, no flies, and no sign of the heron. There was no sign of fish either, large or small. Just quiet. Nothing stirred and there was no ripple on the water. For a few minutes I marvelled at the quiet of nature. Would it be an omen for the week?

Sadly not. Every night this week the nightmares have returned and my sleep has been uneasy and broken. It is like being in a state of extreme agitation and anxiety. Strange thing is I have no idea why. Is it the coming of my holiday? Last year was marred by such interruptions. Or is it my elevated mood? If anything will bring me down and potentially send me into free-fall it is bad sleep. God I hope not.

Tomorrow I will leave, close my door, and try to forget the impending storm. The storm will come; of that I'm sure. If my mood holds I will be fine. If not I could be in trouble. Is it too much to do the MSc, work, and be governor? We will find out.

For now though I relax at home and relish the end of yet another long journey. With luck when I come home from Spain the first copy "Charon's Ferry" will be lying on my doormat. Now that will fuel the mood. Here is hoping.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment