Sunday 25 August 2013

The Historic Run Chase.

So it all ends. England's chase for a historic 4-0 win in the Ashes fell just 21 runs short as darkness came. A sad end perhaps but another great summer of cricket. That heralds the end of another summer. There are but 5 days until my birthday and 7 until September. The Ashes battles starts again at Brisbane in November and I move on in my life.

Am I still wishing my life away? Isn't that what we all do as we all crave for pay day when money runs out? Time runs fast and slow. It gets quicker as we get older. But there is probably a long way to go.

This time next week I will be in Spain. There is some anxiety as dad is not well so hoping for a speedy recovery. Both of us have been looking forward to this for a long time.

Mood wise I have been less flat today but not near the recent heights. More nightmares and missed sleep. Why am I afflicted by them so often? I don't know. Maybe my unquiet mind is not as quiet as I like to tell myself. Whatever else I still have my illness, my pills and my age old flaws. Yet in the main I get by.

Bring on the autumn. The NFL season starts a week on Thursday. I'll have to record that as I'm away. After that my busy year. I still have anxiety but I am not where I was year ago. Mid September was the lowest ebb I had known for a long time. Here's to a better autumn!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment