Sunday 4 August 2013

Thank Goodness for Teenagers.

On Wednesday I finally entered the 21st century by getting an iPhone. All sounds very grand but I was fearful I would not know how to use it. But friends had told me they were easy. Going away at the weekend to a wedding made me not look in earnest at what it could do. What I had forgotten about would be the presence of teenagers. They are as a group much maligned. I recall my teenage years as being lonely, frightening and in the main unhappy. Glad I'm not one now as it seems society likes to put on them the root of all evils. But there is one thing I know of teenagers, they know technology.

I have known my friend Laura for 19 years. She was the first of my friends to have a child. Ashleigh turned 13 in July. Of course as soon as she saw my iPhone she wanted to play with it. After some reluctance she agreed not to play games but to set it up for various things. Thank God she did. Even she had trouble and after much annoyance I can now do more on it. I still have trepidation using it but that will dissipate in time.

The wedding was enjoyable although Ali the bride was very anxious. I stayed until 11.30 pm before tiredness overtook me. I got home this afternoon to cricket, the rain will save us, slow roast lamb cooking as I write, and a fine pint of Doombar with friends.

3 weeks to go. It remains quiet although I have had a couple of unexpected visitors. When I'm off that becomes someone else's problem. I need a break and with luck I can carry of my recent high mood through to the autumn. If it is anything like last year I will need it.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment