Monday 26 August 2013

A Moroccan Adventure.

The sun is shining, it's Bank Holiday Monday and I have no work for 3 weeks. That must be a reason to celebrate. My mood is better but not up to +2 as it had been recently. But I can cope with that.

Faced with what to do I thought a trip to the country was in order. So I set off with my friend Richard to the nearby village of Welwyn and consumed a pint of excellent Bombardier ale at the White Hart. As I was driving I left it at that and returned in time for afternoon tea. All very civilised.

What was left was trying to decide what to eat. So a chicken leg is currently braising in a tagine with ginger, coriander, cumin, parley, garlic and olive oil with onions and tomatoes. The book suggested olives but I don't like then so am going for another flavour in dates. It is a bit of an adventure but the Moroccan taste for sweet and savoury is growing on me.

Miriam and Beka have both been to Marrakesh in the last couple of years. One day I must go. Just watched Keith Floyd there in the market; it all looks so wonderful.

After dinner maybe it is time to turn once again to Mozart, not listened for a while. Happy holiday everyone in the UK. I will be back tomorrow.

I Hard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment