Tuesday 27 August 2013

An Odd Urge.

The weirdest urge came over me today. Well maybe not odd to many but odd to me. I had an urge for pizza. I have no idea why pizza is so loved around the world. True the pizza I had when I sang in Florence in 1987 was stunning. But I'm never found the like again anywhere else. Yet today I fancied it.

So I took myself off to Prezzo for a rare venture into Italian food. And very good it was too. Accompanied by a pint of Peroni followed by a splendid cappuccino I passed a couple of hours of my holiday. On my return I listened to Puccini and finally finished reading "Three Men in a Boat". I enjoyed it despite taking months to complete-I really must do more reading.

Tonight I returned to more normal territory with a home made Keema Mutter. Tragically disappointing, I can't remember a more bland curry in a long time. Note to self, more jaggery and more salt next time. Later I'm off to the pub quiz, that's usually fun too.

And what of tomorrow? Things domestic I fear, must get it done before dad gets here on Saturday. Talking of dad, I must ring him. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment