Friday 18 January 2013

Still Snowing.

It has now been snowing here for 10 hours solidly. Only brave souls are on the road. As I mentioned in my earlier post I didn't risk going in. The decision was vindicated when a power cut to my office shut everything down at midday. Karen got home okay as did 2 others colleagues who contacted me. So why do I feel guilty? Well the phone has been going off all afternoon. I was trying to manage 4 way phone calls from my office, from Essex, from Stevenage, and desperately trying to get hold of other colleagues. The reason a potential missing person. I finally managed to get hold of his housemate at 4 pm to find he was indeed at home. Panic potentially over. But what next? By all accounts he remains ill and at risk. The question is where does the buck stop? I'm not sure of the answer to this. I guess we will work that out when we get back.

The university apparently remains open so maybe I should have gone in. I wonder if I will be slated for that? Time will tell I suppose.

So now a cold snowy weekend. I have a dish of potatoes, lamb, tomatoes, garlic, parsley and pecorino in the oven. It does smell good. I will review life in the morning, but my mind remains troubled.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment