Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Snowy Tuesday.

Well, the snow came. Not a huge amount but alarming driving home yesterday and almost lost the back end of my car near my flat. It is very hilly where I live so when the snow comes it is hard to get to the cleared main roads. They never grit down here.

You may notice that is unusual for me to blog on a Tuesday. There are 2 reasons for this. Firstly I'm usually out at the pub quiz. Secondly I'm often not in a good mood-too much self pity in the afternoon. That may sound cryptic but it is all I dare say on here.

Tonight I stayed in as my quiz friends could not make it. Actually nice to be in the warm on such a cold day. I'm watching the Food Channel and unusually for me watching Jamie Oliver. My mum fell in love with him the first time she saw his programme the Naked Chef. That was great but I have found him up and down since then. I have select books including his one on city breaks-it's very good. His trip to Andalusia is on at the moment. I love southern Spain but have not been since 2004. Even then it wasn't real Spain, Porto Banus maybe where the rich and famous hang out but have you ever tried to find real Spanish food there? If I wanted pasta I would go back to Florence.

Talking of pasta, my carbonara was almost a triumph. Just need to make one adjustment next time I do it. I will use the rest of the pecorino in Rick Stein's Easter lamb on Saturday. Perhaps I should invite a friend.

My mood is okay but nowhere near where I like it to be. But okay is better than low so I can live with that. For now, I'm off. See you all next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment