Saturday 12 January 2013

A Double Century.

Welcome to the 200th post of the Voices Did My Head In blog. Can't believe I have written so much since I started. I guess some people must enjoy my writing as the viewing figures are quite buoyant at the moment. It is bitterly cold out with grey skies. No sign yet of the expected snow. No doubt we will grind to a standstill when it arrives, we in England always do. Given the steep hill that I have to climb outside my flat to get to town or work I may be stuck for a while if it comes down heavily.

Well I have survived week 1 back at work. It was a mixed week but okay. The highlight was going to Cambridge on Tuesday. Theoretically that is always a joy but this time I was only looking forward to part of it. I was there for a meeting which last year had been hosted at our place. I hated that day. But this day was both interesting and more fun. Although I was somewhat cryptic on here about it I had an interview for a new job last November. Not good practice to not even bother to contact failed interviewees; yes, that is right, I never heard a word from them. But on Tuesday I met one of the women who had been involved on the day and was somewhat surprised what she had to say. She was in on 2 of the 4 tasks I was asked to undertake. According to her I was by far the best candidate. Sadly she had no input on the decision. So instead of hiring the best candidate they went for an internal political appointment. I have been there before though. So the search goes on.

I'm now at home trying to warm up and listening to Mendelssohn's Elias. It is not a work I knew but am impressed so far. I'm keeping the cooking simple this weekend. Spaghetti carbonara tonight, bought some pecorino cheese for that, and roasted chicken thighs tomorrow. Might do them in goose fat.

Other than that it is NFL divisional playoff round so lots of football to watch. As it is scheduled late I will probably only see one match live then record the other 3. Then it is just relax.

Have a great weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Many thanks to the great Jayne Curry for the excellent company in Sala Thong in Cambridge-the crispy belly pork with chill, basil, and oyster sauce was spectactular

No comments:

Post a Comment