Wednesday 11 December 2019

Lazily Killing Time.

The bitter wind that swept over the campus the last two days has died down. The rain has stopped. And a cold but bright day has ensued. I'm not on campus today as my car is being serviced. That my fear is not entirely under control came in the form of a dream of a huge bill I can't afford to pay. Unprocessed thoughts and fear running rife. At home in the warm I'm lazily killing time listening to Radio 3 and coming to blog for the first time this month. I'm hoping no news is good news on my car.

When I last posted on a day off I rather jumped the gun. Had I held on I would no doubt have been recording my close shave with another terrorist attack near my beloved Borough Market. Shaken up by the news my relief that I didn't visit that day as I might have done was palpable. As dad said "God was looking out for you".

The days since then have been intense and at times difficult. My work does not let up and at the weekend facing another two weeks before my break I was despairing and running on empty. Things are fraught and tense but we will make it in the end.

My attempts to prepare for Christmas have met with limited success. Some is done, some is not. I have chatted to Miriam and dad about food. No doubt there will be several trips to shop for all the forgotten bits. Fortunately Waitrose is only a short walk away, the spare bedroom looks out over the car park. I'm planning on buying the cheese. I like doing that. Why did I not get cheese for so much of my life?

Tonight I'm going out with my friend Bronwen for her birthday. Quite looking forward to that. Until then though I must wait for the call on the car. Fingers crossed it's all good.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment