Saturday 14 December 2019

Even the Beast Fell.

Two days on from what to some was an apocalyptic election the dust shows no sign of settling. My left wing friends, and I have many, who spouted forth so vociferously before the election are now ranting on how unfair it was. On an historic day the left were routed. The Beast of Bolsover so famously acerbic in the house for so many years was unseated. Tony Blair's old constituency fell to the Tories and swathes of the north voted against their natural instinct. Rightly or wrongly we now have a working government.

I relish the idea of moving on after the chaos and deadlock of the last two years. I do however fear for the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. None of us yet know what life outside the EU will look like. But of one thing I am certain we will leave for good or ill.

Excited though I have been following events it has not been plain sailing. Waking on Thursday morning to pouring rain and a miserable outlook I was full of cold. Coughed so much I hurt my neck again. Except honouring my pledge always to vote I barely moved all day. Yesterday as the world digested the political earthquake I was once again laid low.

Now at the weekend I feel better all round. On a blustery day I ventured out and finally completed my Christmas shopping. Only the wretched wrapping to do, hate that.

Back at home I'm listening to Christmas Carols on Classic FM and applauding myself for at least sorting the washing, the rubbish, and mopping the floors.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sarah later. A Venetian dish of pasta with Byzantine spices and prawns is our fare tonight. I intend to enjoy this weekend before facing the long awaited end of term. A week tomorrow I drive to the seaside. Enjoy your Saturday and I'll see you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment