Thursday 12 December 2019

Voting in the Rain.

What a foul day outside. I guess that's the price we pay for a rare December election. I woke full of cold and feeling utterly miserable. Have things caught up with me? Did I overdo it last night? Whatever it is I spent most of the morning in bed.

Knowing the huge significance of the day I braved illness and pouring rain to vote. We must get an outcome after the paralysis of the last two years. I was too young to recall the three elections in a year in the early 1970s. This though was the fourth time I have voted in the last five years including the referendum. The great strength of democracy is that there are checks and balances. The weakness that we get a mess of a government that cannot get anything done.

I have studiously avoided making public comment on here or on any other platform. But I do believe we must get Brexit done even if it is a foolish idea. That too is democracy. Please let there be some stability by this time tomorrow so we can move on.

After that effort I intend to stay in in the warm. The Varsity match is on at Twickenham so will watch that as long as I can stay awake. No motivation to do anything else though. With luck this cold will move off as swiftly as it came. Don't fancy spending days in bed.

My car is now done and although it cost more than I'd hoped at least it will allay my anxiety for a while. And it could have been worse.

Assuming I get well soon there is only a week to go. Then finally to rest. I'm looking forward to going back to the sea and setting aside all troubles that laden me even if it is only for a couple of weeks.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment