Thursday 26 December 2019

Thunderous Waves and Fierce Wind.

As the sun set after a glorious Christmas Day we walked to the beach and took photos. A day of excess was a great success. Roast goose, Christmas pudding, wine and good cheer. I was so tired I was in bed before 11 pm and slept for twelve hours.

Waking late I walked to beach in a fierce wind and was confronted by what my mum would have called riotous seas. She would not have swum today. There is beauty in calm and beauty in chaos here at the coast. The sea is what I missed no longer living here.

Miriam and Nigel are just about to drive home. I'm sticking around until Saturday before the drive I dread begins. I'm not much of a driver but that long slow post Christmas journey is not what I like. Will be relieved when I get there.

My holiday has a way to run though. All of next week I will tarry away from the university. I certainly need more time to recharge.

I will post again before New Year! Have fun.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment