Tuesday 24 December 2019

Sunny Beaches and Christmas Cheer!

Christmas greetings from sunny Kent! After an uninterrupted drive down on Sunday I have basked in glorious winter sunshine since I got here. There have been some hiccups, no food, left key at my flat and a goose that was too big for the tin. But we're doing okay. I did my wrapping, I detest wrapping. A key has been secured along with an bigger roasting tin. Miriam and Nigel got down this morning also to uninterrupted traffic. I escaped to the pub for a couple of pints this afternoon. The ham has been studded with cloves and smeared with a mix of brown sugar and whole grain mustard ready for tonight. Even Waitrose was comparatively straightforward.

So now to the celebration. A year that has at times been brutal is now over. I have no thoughts of work other than a dream in which my colleague was pregnant. Shows how jumbled up thoughts can be in the subconscious, she's actually covering someone else's maternity leave.

As I reflect I'm surprised I'm so optimistic. The strange thing is that all my predictions re work have come true. I know what works and what doesn't. 30 years as a lunatic teaches us many things. These cannot be learned by books and essays. Bitter failure is what teaches us.

Who knows what the New Year will bring but I made it through dark days to another celebration. I hated Christmas before Risperidone. It was not always great with mum especially as her anxiety got so much worse at the end of her life. But we now take our time, consume a lot of wine and have a great event.

For any of you who follow regularly it is that time when I wish you a very Merry Christmas. I may come on to say hello tomorrow. I did try to post a picture of my glorious walk along the beach yesterday but sadly the technology got the better of me.

Take care and have fun!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment