Tuesday 27 August 2019

A Break in the Heat.

The stifling heat of recent days is finally abating with a light breeze, the coming of late summer night and a cold front on the way tomorrow. It's been tough going. Great to be on holiday although waiting for pay day on Friday is limiting my options somewhat.

In truth I was rather bored today. I went for a drive, stopped at The White Horse, did a little reading and made a lovely Moroccan salad of potatoes, orange and fennel. Tonight it was just reheated chorizo and chickpea stew. All helped pass a slow day.

The evening though has been lit up by a live performance at the Albert Hall of The Magic Flute broadcast on Radio 3. Stunning. Oh how I would love to see this fabulous opera. Maybe one day.

Plans are coming together for the big day on Friday. Dad and Beka will come up from Kent, Miriam and Nigel down from Ely. A table is booked for lunch at The Waggoners. And then the party! Not really a party merely an invitation to anyone and everyone to join me for a drink in the evening. I have no idea if anyone will come but I will have fun.

Next time I post I suspect I will be 50. Did that ever seem possible in the darkness of the 1990s. Close though I have been to that level of devastation and despair in the last years today I'm good. Mood is in the plus range. Anxiety is under control. And I have no pressure. I'll take that as summer gives way to autumn. Long may it continue.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment