Wednesday 7 August 2019

Reflection on a Mixed Day.

On a day in which irritation, disinterest and uneasiness played a major role I share with you my triumph in the kitchen. So simple what can be done with a tin of chickpeas, a tin of chopped tomato, a garlic clove, an onion and some good chorizo after such a day. It was great.

So to my day, I find it irritating how some people can talk in such a condescending way to people who have been in the business since they were children. I sometimes despair but I know I have to just sit back and smile.

What it did do was make me uncertain in therapy and wondering why I was talking not about me but of those who I collide with on some days. That is what supervision is about but still fighting to get through the bureaucracy on that front.

I hope next time I see him I can speak about me not work. It will be a while, with holidays it will be more than a month until we next meet.

Back to reality as I try hard to set aside minor irritants I'm listening to The Magic Flute and about to hit my new book. Return to the Olive Farm is something I picked up a few months ago and so far have only read the first couple of pages. Distracted by Anais Nin and my interest in aviation and naval matters as well as the forthcoming NFL season my reading material has been diverse, fragmented and bitty. Must correct that. Nin is growing on me although I'm sure some would find it repugnant.

Come September my time to read will be greatly reduced as the Los Angeles Rams set forth to avoid a Super Bowl defeat slump. The season usually gets me through the chaos of term time as an outlet to view away from the chaos. It is the February end of season slump that I fear and the dog days of dark, cold, wet before spring finally comes. The cycle of life and the year. Getting older and I hope wiser and more distinguished.

Now I will leave you to return to Mozart. See you at the weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment