Wednesday 21 August 2019

A Late Afternoon Gathering.

After a tedious day of data inputting and training on the next phase of said data imputting it was a delight to find a text from our former chaplain Allan suggesting a coffee and catch up. I knew he was going to be in town but as I hadn't heard anything before assumed he was consumed by other things. Uncertain if the cafe would still be open the back up plan might have been the pub. But I'm glad we didn't change plan as at the cafe we bumped into out former Dean of Students David. Pure chance but so nice to get part of the old trusted guard together.

How much they recognised I do not know. Time marches on quickly there. Already demands are coming in. Some reasonable, some not so reasonable and some damn right rude. Such is the modern world where people want what they want and complain if they don't get it. I can't see that getting any easier. What I do know is we are trying to make our working practice easier. I only follow orders and my doubts will no doubt be greeted by groans of negativity but I've been in this business a long time and know what works and what doesn't. The autumn will show who is right.

Talking of autumn the leaves are beginning to fall, the corn is ready for harvesting and the nights are drawing in and getting cooler. I have only two more days of work before my break.

On opera night I'm graced by Don Giovanni after a fine Keema Muttar curry. So simple but so good. I will return to Anais Nin when I've completed my post. Not typing well tonight. Some days it's like that. Back when I wrote my two books there were some days I couldn't string two sentences together. On others I careered ahead. The books have more of less sunk without trace but never mind. They served their purpose.

Mentally I'm in plus territory. If all goes to plan I will see my consultant on 3rd. That is assuming he's back at work. Will be eleven months since we last met if it happens.

More to come at the weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment