Wednesday 14 August 2019

Rain Stopped Play.

The rain has well and truly come. Not far away on the edge of Regent's Park the cricket at the hallowed turf of Lord's has been delayed. I don't hold out much hope for play until much later if at all. In mid August autumn has arrived. Well at least for a few days.

I too have been stopped in my tracks. Waking with sore throat, cough and streaming nose I gave up today's work plan and stayed home. I did venture out briefly to buy some food but suspect I'm now settled for the duration. After calling in to work I descended into a couple of hours of half sleep half wake and weirdest of disturbing dreams. Viral dreaming if that is what it is is rarely nice, often weird and sometimes horrific. The last two of those proved the case today.

With no cricket to watch I'm listening to the American soprano Amber Wagner on the radio at the Edinburgh Festival. She is exceptionally good. Ros has been up there in the last week or so and ventured to some shows. Despite the rain it sounds like she had a good time.

Although felled and not at my best today mentally stability seems more in sight. Last week was bad but after a few days of fear and unsettling times my mood is more neutral without being empty, my anxiety a little less prominent and my outlook is a little brighter.

I will endeavour to keep cooking though. Last night's effort at Hunan beef was a little disappointing. Lacked fire. I have a little beef left over for tonight so maybe a Thai curry. Or some other stir fried dish from China. Tomorrow I take a break from cooking and will join Jo for dinner at Hakalok. Let's hope I feel better than today.

Assuming I make it in tomorrow I will have what I hope is my final session of physio. Neck and shoulder certainly much better although the disturbed sleep has aggravated it a little.

Take care out there in the rain. May it disappear soon and cricket commence. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment