Sunday 1 September 2019

Hitting the Half Century.

Wow, what a weekend! As promised I said I'd post at 50 and here I am. After celebrations all day Friday with friends and family, a fine lunch, an amazing surprise cheese and wine party, presents, even more wine, a bad hangover followed by a tired day I am still simply stunned. People are so kind and generous.

Who would have thought this even possible in that fateful summer of 1991? But make it I did. My mood is buoyant, anxiety is hiding and I'm on top of the world. No I'm not too elevated, annoying or unpleasant, feeling just right.

So on this Sunday I'm relaxing with Handel's Arminio, supping red wine and making stock for pho tomorrow. The rare rib of beef this afternoon was a triumph. My friends may have been hungover but we had a splendid time.

Another week before my return so I'm putting thoughts of work away, trying firmly to live in the today, and looking forward to seeing even more of my friends in the coming days. Sarah is coming for said pho tomorrow. I must see my psychiatrist on Tuesday, well a psychiatrist not my psychiatrist. Then on Wednesday I will hit Borough Market then meet the fantastic Krishna in Chine Town after. Not see here for a couple of years so that should be fun.

For all of you have your kids starting school this week or going back I wish them well, hope the tears don't well up too much and that you can finally slow down after such a long break with the kids. They are adorable to many but utterly exhausting so I'm told.

On Thursday the NFL starts. The fourth Test beckons and there is a rugby world cup to look forward to. It could be a great autumn!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment