Friday 22 June 2018

Strawberries in the Sun.

What a beautiful day it has been. Warm, sunny, relaxed and Friday. Friday is always good. I have completed my third week back at work and although a little behind schedule it has been a better week. True I had a moment of fear when I woke and thought back to that I can't get out of bed moment but it passed.

Surviving a quiet day I came home at my allotted time to a bowl of strawberries and a chilled glass of Albarino. Given it is the English summer I should really have bought some Chapel Down Bacchus but I didn't think. But the Albarino is a splendid substitute.

With the evening wearing on and the still bright light a day after the summer solstice I'm listening to Beethoven's Fidelio and sipping a cold beer. The world seems my oyster tonight although I'm not being that adventurous. What I do feel is relaxed and that has been in short supply in 2018. Long may it last.

Returning to my mood diary after a long absence it is pleasing that most of this week has been in plus territory. Only just and nowhere near my glorious mini highs but better than much of the year.

Tomorrow is another day and I'm hoping I wake refreshed, relaxed and energised. Charlie has invited me to Borough Market tomorrow as he is in town. Rather than commit to an early start I have advised that I will decide in the morning. The thought of a late lunch a Brindisa is most enticing but I don't want to sabotage recent progress by overdoing things. Also can't spend too much if I go, certainly overdid my exuberance last time we met.

The rest of the weekend is set fair so enjoy it, chill and savour the wonders of a glorious English summer.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment