Saturday 11 February 2017

Snow Flurries and Muddy Paths.

As I waited out the last few minutes of an insanely busy Friday at work the weekend was enticing me with endless possibilities. The headaches that felled me on Thursday vanished as quickly as they had come so order was restored. My first thought was to go to London today. I'm overdue a trip to China Town to restock my cupboards. But with Arsenal playing at home and the trains likely to be chaos I shelved that plan.

The alternative was to go for a drive in the country and stop off for a sandwich in a pub somewhere, The White Horse, The Horns, The Plough all beckoned to be visited. But emerging late a bitter cold, heavy flurries of snow and thoughts of muddy paths led me to abandon a second plan.

Instead I ventured to town to shop briefly and to partake of Hot and Sour soup with Yang then back home into the warm. I need warmth today. Herring fillets are tonight's venture into healthy living. I will make up for it tomorrow as my friend Jo has invited me to a late Sunday lunch of roast lamb. I'm in charge of cheese and wine so will go armed with a couple of bottles of Argentinian Malbec, Stilton, Roquefort and mature Cheddar. I'm looking forward to that.

Rugby comes on later so am getting my music fix now, Haydn today. Reading on a gloomy day rather strains my eyes so will do little. Stay warm out there everyone and enjoy what you can of the weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment