Saturday 25 February 2017

A Day of Little Cheer.

Some days I wake up and don't know what to do with myself. On a dull wet Saturday afternoon I'm back from my shopping expedition, my fridge is full, the washing is done and the rugby is on. Yet still I feel listless. Originally I had intended to get the train to Hatfield and have a couple of pints in The Horse and Groom Beer Festival. But to no avail. I woke late, lacked motivation and the rain predicted stopped me in my tracks.

Curiously enough last week got better the later it progressed but I'm still feeling somewhat at sea. True it was terribly busy but I'm doing okay. For reasons I don't understand in the very busy Hedgehog last night so many people came to talk to me I had little time for myself. A good thing I suppose but sometimes I like solitude.

On those listless days there is always the hope that fine food and wine will lift things. So ignoring my diet yet again...not been great with that this week...I have a fine aged sirloin steak to cook beautifully rare on a searingly hot griddle pan, some oven chips, petit pois and a nice bottle of Rioja. Let's hope that does the trick.

The month is coming to an end. Does that signal winter is leaving us? Yes we had a big storm the first appearance of the spring bulbs is already under way, it is lighter out and Easter eggs are appearing in the shops. Another year rapidly moving on. Pay day Tuesday. Then onward to dad's birthday. There are good things ahead. I just hope my flat mood today is able to appreciate them.

Have a good weekend all of you. Then see you probably in March.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment