Saturday 28 June 2014

Plundering the Sea.

As I listen to "Idomeneo" and digest a fine healthy dinner I'm quite glad this week is over. It did drag on for some reason. The plan is to have an exceedingly quiet weekend.

My ventures into fish and sea food are becoming a bit of a habit. Having shunned fish for years slowly but surely I'm reaping the benefits of the sea. Smoked mackerel for lunch then some splendid swordfish marinaded in pomegranate molasses, coriander and cinnamon, it really was very good. How long I keep this up for I'm not sure. But the post smoking eternal hunger needs to be managed. Talking of which I'm on day 38.

This afternoon I wrote a CV for the first time in years. Last time I used one was in my fruitless search for a teaching job in the early 2000s. Most universities seem to want an application form but the one I'm looking at this weekend requires a CV and covering letter. I'm expecting nothing to come of this but sometimes strange things happen. Actually getting another job and moving is quite alarming in some respects. Maybe I'm getting too old for that but standing still is no longer an option.

I will finish and submit my application tomorrow before indulging in rare roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, horseradish and Rioja. I wonder how Beka and Katie are getting on at Glastonbury, hope it's not too wet for them. Soon enough they will be back to reality.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment