Monday 23 December 2013

Wet and Wind Swept!

I write today from dad's house. The wind is howling, the rain squalling and it's very dark and gloomy-not the Garden of England at its best. I drove down yesterday to avoid the bad weather. Miriam has to work today so has to risk it tomorrow. Good luck to her, the Dartford Bridge has closed today. My trip was very pleasant, Sunday is a good day to drive.

The season of Christmas is almost upon us and I'm finally able to put aside thoughts of the university for a while. I've also given myself a week off study. Now I'm doing what I do best, party and cook. There is a pork and herb terrine cooking away in the bottom of the aga. I will leave it a couple of days to cool and weight it down for more compact finish. In the not too distant future-maybe an hour-I will start making beef in beer which will cook along merrily for a couple of hours. Tomorrow if and when Miriam and Nigel get here I will undertake my first ever curry goat. Definitely looking forward to that one although I'm not brave enough to use the purists scotch bonnet chillies!

Mentally I'm doing okay, maybe around +1 of my scale. Given recent events I can live with that. Forgot to do my mood diary before I came here so will have to catch up on my return.

On the day itself we are all going up to Beka's. There will be 10 of us. I'm only assisting with the food. I have finished my shopping but have a lot of wrapping to do-I hate wrapping.

Tomorrow I will blog a Christmas message. Another year gone, another year older. Take care out in the storm if you are UK based.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment