Tuesday 17 December 2013

A Most Inauspicious Start.

My Christmas holiday began today a day late, with a blizzard of nightmares, news of the Ashes lost and total exhaustion. You can tell from my last post I was not very happy on Friday. My extra day at work did not go well, lasted 10 hours, and I didn't get home until 8.30 pm. Rare is the day I have to get people locked up but those are always the worst. But I did what I needed to do. Have to go in again tomorrow to collect my diary, get various tickets I need and to write up the debacle of the last few days.

With luck I will sleep better tonight. Tomorrow brings governor's drinks at Trust Head Office-still struggling with the idea that I am important in some circles-then a relaxed evening of curry and beer. I did manage to do some study, never thought I would take to on-line lectures but it was surprisingly useful.

As we are going to Beka's and there will be other guests for Christmas I need to do some extra shopping. Finances do not look going after an unplanned plumber visit and the admin-ripoff-fee on my final car payment on 20th. Then I will be free of debt.

My plan is to drive down to dad's on Sunday. Miriam comes on Tuesday so I need to think of all the culinary delights from the festive season. I'll let dad do the shopping. Before then I have the staff Christmas party and I need to do some more study. Shame I missed the Carol Service in Chelsea yesterday but it couldn't be helped. Nice to see some fight in England after the pathetic display in the first 3 Tests. Better luck on Boxing Day in Melbourne. I went to the MCG in 1983 although not for cricket. Richmond Tigers. Sadly I can't see the AFL here, got the wrong satellite package.

Might blog again tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment