Friday 5 April 2013

Wild Boar for Dinner.

Greetings to all you out there. Yes last month there were a lot of you out there-the most hits I have ever had. Do forgive my absence for the last few days-I'm trying to pack my holiday with interesting things.

I came home on Tuesday then headed for St Albans all afternoon on Wednesday. Had a Thai lunch-rather mediocre with the beef tough-a wander around the market then a couple of ales in the Garibaldi with my friend Mike. I really should get to St Albans more often, it is a nice place for a day trip.

Yesterday I travelled further afield into London with Dory. We ravaged Borough Market-I even sampled blue cheese which I usually detest-then a tour around the haunts of my past and finally on to Chinatown. It was fun but bitterly cold, apparently one of coldest April days in London ever recorded. Bitter wind too. I came back loaded with wild boar, prosciutto, manchego, Italian fennel salami, and a somewhat depleted wallet. Dory always makes me laugh in the way that only us crazies can.

Today it was domesticity-the dreaded oven cleaning-and a pint in the country. I now have Mozart opera playing, the boar is marinading for a stew tomorrow, and I'm putting off the inevitably filthy job of scrubbing the oven after a 3 hour soak-yuck!

That said it has been a hard holiday to judge. I have been overwhelmed with nightmares for the last 3 days. That is always a huge sign of stress with me. I keep trying to shy away from thoughts of work but they keep coming. I really must try and connect with the elusive one, I can never get hold of my GP. Harder still to find the time to see him.

So life is mixed as I crawl towards what I know will be a difficult return to work on Monday. Hopefully there will be more posts before then though.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment