Saturday 6 April 2013

Staying Indoors.

Given the amount of sunshine there was outside today, perhaps it was not the best day to stay indoors. Yet that is precisely what I did. Really didn't feel like going out. I spent the day listening to opera-Tosca and now Zaide-interspersed with Lotti. Puccini, Lotti and Mozart-maybe a strange combination. But it was fun.

After my industrious day yesterday I have a very stiff back and have taken things gently. All I have really done was put together my wild boar stew. It is smelling particularly fine and I'm aiming to eat at 7 pm. My friend Richard is bringing round some rioja to go with it.

A day of culture it may be but still my nights are wracked with nightmares. This is getting ridiculous, I have been up at least 4 times a night on each of the last 4 nights. Eerily similar to the last year I lived in Kent. It is impacting on my mood. More than anything it is really pissing me off. I do hope tonight goes better.

I have  2 more nights to catch that precious sleep before my return to the university. It does not feel good going back as I'm not rejuvenated enough. Fortunately it will not really get going until Wednesday-I have set aside the first 2 days to catch up-I am that far behind.

Yet before then I have the delights of slow roast shoulder of pork with loads of crackling (I hope)! That is always a great pleasure just like Mozart.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment